This is truly an unprecedented time and if there is anything that any of us can be doing to support one another, we should be. Here are some ways that you might be able to help out –
- Check-in on your people! Wave to your neighbors, phone a friend you haven’t talked to in a while, and Facetime your family members that live away. Never before have we had so many technologies to support open communication, and never before have we had a better reason to use them! During this time, it is so important to stay connected as much as we possibly can.
- Help your neighbors out with some groceries! Whether this be braving the aisles for those who cannot leave their homes, adding a few extra items to your grocery delivery, or just surprising them with some of their favorites, they will definitely appreciate it!
- Consider donating! There are many nonprofits in our community that can use your physical, financial, and vocal support during this time. If you can donate even just a few dollars, or some old clothes you never wear, or some extras from that stockpile you have, you will make a larger impact than you know.
- Support our local businesses! For some great ideas on how to do this, check out our article here:
- Foster a homeless pet! Animal shelters are really struggling right now and this is such an easy way to bless them, and keep your kids busy at home!
- Stay home. This is the best way that you and your family can help us all get through this.
Giving back is so simple, and it doesn’t always require a lot of time or money. Feel free to reach out if you have any other good ideas on how we can be giving back – we are all stronger together!