We are a few weeks into summer, and the beautiful sunny weather has us excited to travel! We’ve compiled a list of tips to keep you and your family safe during your summer travels.
- Review your insurance policies prior to setting off on your trip.
- What are your coverages and limitations?
- Is the information up-to-date, including vehicles and drivers?
- Do you have roadside assistance in case of mechanical issues?
- Does your policy cover a car rental if you are an accident and still need to get home?
- What are the deductibles for your home & auto policies?
- Stay safe on the road
- According to the National Safety Council, 1 in 4 accidents involves cell phone use! Keep your eyes on the road and leave it to your passengers to check the map and be the DJ 😊
- Do not wait until ‘E’ to fill up on gas! It can be several miles before you pass a gas station, so be sure to fuel up so you are not left stranded on the side of the road.
- Know your auto policy’s liability and property damage limits, and have a physical or digital copy of your auto insurance with you.
- Protecting Your Home
- Take steps to ensure your home does not look vacant. Something as simple as a car in the driveway, outdoor lights or a few lights on inside can deter a potential burglar!
- Review the limits for theft on your homeowner’s insurance. Items such as jewelry, furs, guns, personal documents, and money may need to be safeguarded with an additional policy.
- Turn off the water at the main. This way, you will not return to a flooded home if a pipe bursts!
- Have someone you trust come by and check on your home, especially if you plan to be away for more than 2 weeks!
We hope these tips can put you at ease for your summer get-aways! Have questions about your policies or coverages? Contact us today!