When calling around for home insurance proposals your agent will ask general questions. This could include:
- What is the property address?
- Is this your primary home?
- How many bathrooms?
- Do you have any dogs? If so, what is the breed?
- Have you had any losses or claims in your name? If so, please describe
- Do you have any inspection results that you are able to forward?
- Wind Mitigation Inspections may provide additional discounts
- Four Point Inspections may prove eligibility
- How old is the roof?
- Do you have a pool? Is there a diving board? Slide? Screened? Fenced yard?
- Do you have a trampoline?
- Do you have any farm animals?
These general questions will help your trusted agent find the most competitive carrier your property is eligible for.
Why do we need a copy of your current declaration page?
This allows us to provide a coverage comparison and carrier review. It also proves that you have prior insurance. If you do not have a copy, it will come in handy at the time of a loss. Contact your agent and have them email, mail or fax a copy to you.
Why do we need a copy of your wind mitigation inspection results, even though you “qualified for the discounts”?
The wind mitigation inspection has seven different sections. The state has updated the form in 2010 and 2012 with different qualifications to complete the report. Each completed section is based on what is there. We do not know what is there until we receive a copy of the report. Every home and roof is different. We want the most accurate option so we don’t have to take away discounts you thought you qualified for.
Before you contact your insurance agent for an insurance proposal be sure you have your documentation available for a policy review, this will make your request for a proposal seem stress-free and you will be focused on the complete review of the options available. Contact us today to get started!